PGA TOUR - Driving Stats for 2009
Today's article is by Jaacob Bowden is a Professional Golfer who has hit an venue record 421-yard drive to win a Qualifier for the RE/MAX World Long Drive Championships. He has helped thousands of every day golfers hit their drives farther and shoot lower scores through his Swing Man Golf Online Training Community website. To find out more about how he can help you with your distance, visit Swing Man Golf today.
(Who had the Fastest Swing Speed?)
According to Dave Lancer, the Director of Information for the PGA Tour, Bubba Watson had this year's highest average swing speed according to Trackman with a speed of 123.24 mph (311.4 yards per measured drive). This is 0.01 faster than last year's highest average from J.B. Holmes.
Other interesting driving and distance stats include:
- J.B. Holmes carried the ball the farthest of the tee at an average of 298.6 yards.
- Charley Hoffman had the year's longest drive -- 467 yards on the first hole during the third round of the Valero Texas Open.
- A total of 47 400-yard drives were recorded this year. Dustin Johnson had the most -- five.
- Dustin Johnson was the only player to lead the field in driving distance and win a tournament in 2008 and he was again the only player to do so in 2009 when he won the AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am.
- Robert Garrigus lead the Tour in driving distance at 312.0 yards per drive.
On the Nationwide Tour:
- Won Joon Lee lead the Tour with an average of 312.7 yards per drive.
- Blake Adams had the biggest single drive at 393 yards.
On the Champions Tour:
- Steve Thomas lead the way with an average of 301.5 yard per drive.
- Eduardo Romero had the longest drive at 379 yards.
- There Were A Lot of Simulators at the PGA Show - February 9, 2016
- The ONLY Thing That Matters In A Putter. - February 3, 2016
- THIS is the future of golf. - February 2, 2016
- “2016 PGA Show Booth Of The Year.” - January 28, 2016
- 2016 Vokey Wedge SM6 (Eye Candy) - January 28, 2016
- Where Are They Now? (RIFE PUTTERS) - January 28, 2016
- “HEADCOVER OF THE MONTH” - January 21, 2016
- adidas hires its next CEO - January 18, 2016
- FootJoy – #1 By The Numbers - January 7, 2016
- Bridgestone Golf is Subtle - January 6, 2016