It seems like only hours ago we brought you Spy Pics of the new Cobra Driver, and now we're excited to give you a first look at the 2014 Adams XTD Lineup.
What we've got are pics of the new driver, fairway, and irons.
As you can see from the photos both the driver and the fairway woods are adjustable. As has become the signature of the XTD woods line, the fairway appears to have titanium construction, which in addition to arguably increasing distance, most definitely increases the street price.
Adams XTD Ti Driver
Adams XTD Ti Fairway
Adams XTD Irons - A Slotted Adams Iron!
It's the XTD Irons that will surely spark the most conversation (and by all means, discuss among yourselves). The cavity bears a striking resemblance to last seasons awesome CMB irons, but upon not-much-closer examination, they share an unmistakable point of commonality with TaylorMade's RocketBladez.
I suppose it was only a matter of time before the slot found it's way over from TaylorMade. As you've probably heard by now; if you don't have a slot, you don't have a slot, and well...slots are probably good (I'm not being facetious, I believe it's legit technology).
Based on what I see, it would appear the XTD qualifies as a player's cavityback.
What's really interesting is that XTD irons (if you believe what you read) are forged. This is the first time we've seen a modern forged iron with a slot. That alone should make the XTD a compelling option for some, and no doubt opens the door to a world of future possibilities from both Adams and TaylorMade.
Stay Tuned. It won't be long before we have a firm grasp on the direction Adams is heading.
- Report: 2016 Golf Equipment Sales - October 17, 2016
- First Look: Graphite Design Tour AD TP Shaft - October 12, 2016
- Cobra Launches KING ONE Length Irons - October 11, 2016
- MyGolfSpy Labs: The Vertical Impact Location Study - October 10, 2016
- Callaway Launches Golf Lives Series - October 4, 2016
- USGA Approved: Cobra F7 and F7+ Drivers - October 3, 2016
- Golf Patent: Titleist Aims to Throw Its Weight Around - September 28, 2016
- Is PING Ready To Revolutionize Driver Face Design? - September 22, 2016
- First Look: 2017 Cobra KING OS Irons - September 19, 2016
- Why Nike Golf Failed - September 14, 2016
- Driver: Cobra KING LTD w/ 75g Aldila Rogue Silver 125 MSI X
- Fairway: TaylorMade SLDR S Mini, 12° Fujikura Speeder X
- 3-4H: TaylorMade SLDR TP S
- 5-GW: PXG 0311 w/ KBS C-Taper S+
- SW: TaylorMade Tour Preferred EF Tour Grind (54° bent to 55°)
- LW: Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 60°
- Putter: PING Karsten TR ZING