It seems like only hours ago we brought you Spy Pics of the new Cobra Driver, and now we're excited to give you a first look at the 2014 Adams XTD Lineup.
What we've got are pics of the new driver, fairway, and irons.
As you can see from the photos both the driver and the fairway woods are adjustable. As has become the signature of the XTD woods line, the fairway appears to have titanium construction, which in addition to arguably increasing distance, most definitely increases the street price.
Adams XTD Ti Driver
Adams XTD Ti Fairway
Adams XTD Irons - A Slotted Adams Iron!
It's the XTD Irons that will surely spark the most conversation (and by all means, discuss among yourselves). The cavity bears a striking resemblance to last seasons awesome CMB irons, but upon not-much-closer examination, they share an unmistakable point of commonality with TaylorMade's RocketBladez.
I suppose it was only a matter of time before the slot found it's way over from TaylorMade. As you've probably heard by now; if you don't have a slot, you don't have a slot, and well...slots are probably good (I'm not being facetious, I believe it's legit technology).
Based on what I see, it would appear the XTD qualifies as a player's cavityback.
What's really interesting is that XTD irons (if you believe what you read) are forged. This is the first time we've seen a modern forged iron with a slot. That alone should make the XTD a compelling option for some, and no doubt opens the door to a world of future possibilities from both Adams and TaylorMade.
Stay Tuned. It won't be long before we have a firm grasp on the direction Adams is heading.
- PUMA Playing Tricks on Your Eyes with New Colorway - April 21, 2016
- Club Test: TaylorMade PSi vs RSi 2 - April 21, 2016
- Buy Rory’s Method Origin Putter – $500 - April 20, 2016
- Bryson DeChambeau Joins Rickie Fowler on Team COBRA PUMA - April 12, 2016
- PXG 0811x Driver On USGA Conforming List - April 11, 2016
- Is it Time To “Change the frigging golf ball”? - April 7, 2016
- G/Fore Made High Tops for The Masters - April 6, 2016
- MIchelle Wie’s Favorite Swing Analyzer Just Got Better - April 5, 2016
- Titleist C16 – The Company’s First Movable Weight Driver - April 4, 2016
- Cobra KING F6 Baffler – It Makes Sense for Augusta, and it might make sense for you - March 30, 2016
- Driver: Cobra KING LTD w/ 75g Aldila Rogue Silver 125 MSI X
- Fairway: TaylorMade SLDR S Mini, 12° Fujikura Speeder X
- 3-4H: TaylorMade SLDR TP S
- 5-GW: PXG 0311 w/ KBS C-Taper S+
- SW: TaylorMade Tour Preferred EF Tour Grind (54° bent to 55°)
- LW: Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 60°
- Putter: PING Karsten TR ZING