Where the Northeast Hides from Winter
South Carolina ranks just outside the Top 10 in total number of golf courses, but when you consider that the state is, in terms of land mass, only the 40th largest (or 11th smallest - not counting DC), it's hard not to be impressed by the course density.
As golfers would likely expect, a healthy number of those courses, including several from our Top 10, are jammed into the Myrtle Beach area. We must also point out that many of the state's premier golf destinations are found farther to the south. Kiawah Island and Harbour Town (you may have seen them on TV) should not be overlooked by anyone looking to escape a brutal winter, or simply enjoy a world class round of golf.
With so many courses in such a small area, how do you know which South Carolina golf courses are worth your time? To find out, we turned to TheGrint and to real golfers just like you.
About Our Rankings
To generate our rankings, we used data from TheGrint, a golf handicap and stat tracking service that also allows golfers to rate the courses they play. Here are the pertinent details:
- Ranking derived from over 200,000 golf course reviews
- Only reviews from the last 365 days are considered
- A course must have a minimum of 30 reviews is required in order to qualify for ranking
Nearly every aspect of a golf course review is subjective and there's always going to be a difference of opinion, so healthy (and hopefully polite) debate is to be expected.
Top 10 Golf Courses in South Carolina
South Carolina's 10 Most Wanted
- PING Launches Highly Refined i200 Iron - January 16, 2017
- First Look – 2017 Callaway Supersoft Golf Ball - January 11, 2017
- First Look: Foresight GCQuad Launch Monitor - January 7, 2017
- Callaway Announces Many Epic Things - January 4, 2017
- Nike to release Air Jordan 1 Retro Golf Shoe - December 30, 2016
- MyGolfSpy’s 2016 Editors’ Choice Awards - December 28, 2016
- Tested: Low Spin Driver Shafts - December 26, 2016
- The Iron Buying Study Results: The Brands in Your Bags - December 20, 2016
- The Lowest Spinning Driver Shafts - December 14, 2016
- Study: Handicap and Your Iron Buying Considerations - December 12, 2016
- Driver: Cobra KING LTD w/ 75g Aldila Rogue Silver 125 MSI X
- Fairway: TaylorMade SLDR S Mini, 12° Fujikura Speeder X
- 3-4H: TaylorMade SLDR TP S
- 5-GW: PXG 0311 w/ KBS C-Taper S+
- SW: TaylorMade Tour Preferred EF Tour Grind (54° bent to 55°)
- LW: Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 60°
- Putter: PING Karsten TR ZING