2017 is shaping up to be an absolute banner year for golf balls. In the tour ball category, there are no less than five new products that will be officially announced soon – and that’s without consideration for the TaylorMade TP5, which hasn’t hit shelves yet.
Add to that another exciting offering that’s still about six months away, and there’s going to be plenty more than just the Kirkland Signature to talk about in the tour ball category.
That’s eight new tour-level balls by mid-season. Frankly, I’m a little giddy.
What About Everyone Else?
While that’s just wonderful for some of us, we also know that not everybody plays a four or even a three-piece tour ball. Plenty of you, especially those who might not swing as fast as you used to, are plenty happy playing a 2-piece ball, and so we wanted to make you aware of an updated offering from Callaway.
Just announced is the 2017 version of the Supersoft Golf Ball.
As the name implies, the focus here is soft. Supersoft is the softest feeling ball in the Callaway lineup. That soft feel comes from a low compression core that spins less off the tee. Worth noting, those same low spin properties help reduce sidespin and keep the ball flying straight.
It’s probably not unreasonable to suggest Supersoft is, by some measure, the answer to the Bridgestone e-Series.
A softer Ionomer (Tri-Onomer – it’s Trademarked) cover provides a softer feel and better wedge spin around the greens, while an updated HEX dimple pattern helps reduce drag.
The bottom line, if you love a soft feeling golf ball, and don’t obsessive over extra layers and urethane covers, Supersoft is the Callaway ball for you.
Colors, Pricing and Availability
The 2017 Callaway Supersoft golf ball will be available in white, yellow, pink, and multi-color (white, yellow, orange, blue) packs beginning this Friday (1/13).
Retail price is $21.99/dozen
- PING Launches Highly Refined i200 Iron - January 16, 2017
- First Look – 2017 Callaway Supersoft Golf Ball - January 11, 2017
- First Look: Foresight GCQuad Launch Monitor - January 7, 2017
- Callaway Announces Many Epic Things - January 4, 2017
- Nike to release Air Jordan 1 Retro Golf Shoe - December 30, 2016
- MyGolfSpy’s 2016 Editors’ Choice Awards - December 28, 2016
- Tested: Low Spin Driver Shafts - December 26, 2016
- The Iron Buying Study Results: The Brands in Your Bags - December 20, 2016
- The Lowest Spinning Driver Shafts - December 14, 2016
- Study: Handicap and Your Iron Buying Considerations - December 12, 2016
- Driver: Cobra KING LTD w/ 75g Aldila Rogue Silver 125 MSI X
- Fairway: TaylorMade SLDR S Mini, 12° Fujikura Speeder X
- 3-4H: TaylorMade SLDR TP S
- 5-GW: PXG 0311 w/ KBS C-Taper S+
- SW: TaylorMade Tour Preferred EF Tour Grind (54° bent to 55°)
- LW: Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 60°
- Putter: PING Karsten TR ZING