Submitted By: MyGolfSpy Reader (Mark)
How-To Build Your Own Rangefinder Mount For A Push Cart
Own a push cart? How about a rangefinder? Looking for an affordable and easy way to mount that sucker on your cart?
Well so did I. So after building my own I wanted to share my DIY Golf project with all the other MyGolfSpy readers. I needed a way to carry my laser rangefinder on my automatic push cart so it would allow for quicker access when needed. What I decided to do was build a short mono pod type device that would screw into the tripod mount on the bottom of my Bushnell V2 rangefinder. I could then put it into the umbrella holder on my push cart until I needed to use it.
Building this was super easy. It only takes a few items that can all be purchased from your local hardware store and sporting goods shop. There are only 4 items needed to build this DIY Golf project. Below is a list of all the items you will need and the instructions to follow in order to build it.
- (1) 5 inch ¼ in. – 20 bolt
- (1) ¼ in. – 20 nylon lock nut
- 2 ¼ in. washers
- 3 wiffle balls
Put the 5 inch bolt through the center of each wiffle ball with a washer at each end. Snug the lock nut down onto the wiffle balls until you have about ¼ inch of threads available to screw into the tripod mount on the laser.
Screw the bolt into the laser, and now it can be easily placed into your umbrella holder on your cart.
Own A Different Brand Push Cart?
If you own a Clicgear or Sun Mountain push cart you might have smaller umbrella holders. If wiffle balls won't fit into the umbrella holder on your cart, you should be able to substitute a short piece of PVC pipe with caps on each end. This could be a substitute for the wiffle balls. Drill a hole into the center of each end cap to thread the bolt thru.
If you decide to build this easy project, I hope it will make your walking more enjoyable.
- First Look: PING i200 Iron - January 9, 2017
- First Look: 2017 EVNRoll Putters - January 4, 2017
- ANNOUNCEMENT: 2017 Most Wanted Testing - January 2, 2017
- FEATURED: MyGolfSpy on Hank Haney & Michael Breed Show - December 23, 2016
- Top 100 Golf Courses in the USA | MyGolfSpy - December 22, 2016
- MyGolfSpy Announces Partnership With Golf Mechanix - December 5, 2016
- Jack Nicklaus says Golf Ball Is Reason Golf Courses Are Closing - November 30, 2016
- (6) Testers Wanted: Sentio Sierra 101 Putters - November 29, 2016
- Wanted: Putter Innovation - November 16, 2016
- Announced: 2017 Most Wanted Club Testing - November 15, 2016